Individual Therapy for Spouses/Partners
We offer individual therapy for spouses and partners on a 50-minute or 75-minute basis. Therapy appointments are offered weekly or as indicated by your therapist. Your therapist will help you develop an individualized treatment plan specific to your needs and personal goals. Initially, therapy focuses on understanding and healing the trauma caused by the discovery of the addict’s secret life and his/her violation of you.
Then, your therapist will help you gain stability in your life by creating and implement internal and external boundaries. As your therapy progresses, your therapist will help you explore and resolve your own unique deeper issues to help you build a sustainable and balanced life.
Group Therapy for Spouses/Partners
Realizing that group therapy offers the most successful and effective form of treatment, we offer a weekly two-hour group for spouses/partners of sexual addicts. Learning about your spouse/partner’s secret sexual addiction creates a variety of painful and difficult feelings including betrayal, shame, and isolation. The journey before you is difficult, but with supportive help along with the presence of others and God, you can make it. Our group process is designed to help you share your shameful secrets in a safe trustful environment so that you can decompress, heal, and thrive again.
This group will help you:
- Heal the trauma caused by the addict’s betrayal and violation
- Understand the basic tenets of addiction and cycle of addiction
- Break through the denial of addiction/co-dependency
- Identify and set healthy internal and external boundaries with yourself, the addict and others
- Build healthy, appropriate relationships with others in recovery in a safe environment
- Restructure relationship with self by building self-acceptance, self-determination, and autonomy
- Gain insight to your own pain and family of origin issues
- Learn about health sexuality and how to integrate this in your marriage